This privacy statement offers insights into how we gather and handle your personal information when you use our website softwarist.com. This encompasses any information you may provide while making a purchase, subscribing to our newsletter, participating in a contest or competition, or engaging with our services.
When you provide your data, you confirm that you are at least 13 years old. If you have concerns about how we collect and use your data, please reach out to us to seek resolution.
Maintaining the accuracy of your personal information is vital. If any of your personal details change, kindly inform us via email using our contact page.
What Data We Collect About You
Personal data pertains to information that can identify an individual, excluding anonymized data. We may process several categories of personal data, including:
- Identity Data: This may encompass your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth, and gender.
- Contact Data: This includes billing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data: Such data may cover your bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data: This category incorporates specifics about payments made between us and details of your purchases.
- Technical Data: This can include login data, IP addresses, browser details, time zone settings, operating system, and device technology used to access our site.
- Profile Data: This category encompasses your username, password, purchase history, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage Data: Information on how you utilize our website, products, and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: Preferences regarding marketing communications and communication preferences.
We might also process Aggregated Data derived from personal data, but it won’t reveal your identity. However, if we link Aggregated Data to your personal data, making identification possible, it will be treated as personal data.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data, which pertains to information such as race, ethnicity, beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, health information, and more. We also do not gather data on criminal convictions and offenses.
If the law mandates the collection of personal data, and you decline to provide it when requested, we may be unable to fulfill the contract, such as delivering goods or services you’ve ordered. If such a situation arises, we will notify you accordingly.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect data through various means, including:
- Direct Interactions: You may provide data by filling out forms on our website, communicating with us via post, phone, email, or other methods, and when you make purchases, create accounts, subscribe to services, request resources, enter contests, or provide feedback.
- Automated Technologies or Interactions: As you use our site, we may automatically collect Technical Data using cookies, server logs, and similar technologies. Technical Data may also be collected if you visit other websites using our cookies.
- Third Parties or Publicly Available Sources: We may obtain personal data from third parties and public sources, such as analytics providers, advertising networks, and providers of technical, payment, and delivery services.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We process your personal data for various legal purposes, including:
- To register you as a new customer.
- To process and deliver your orders.
- To manage our relationship with you.
- To enable your participation in contests, competitions, or surveys.
- To administer and protect our business and website.
- To deliver relevant content and measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
- To use data analytics to enhance our website and products/services.
- To make suggestions and recommendations regarding products or services that might interest you.
- For marketing communications.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by using the unsubscribe option in our emails or by contacting us through our contact page.
Disclosures of Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data with the following parties for the purposes specified in section 4:
- Service providers offering IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators, and other authorities in certain circumstances.
- Third parties with whom we may sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or assets.
We ensure that all third parties adhere to data security and handle personal data in accordance with the law, allowing them to process it only for specific purposes as per our instructions.
Some countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) may not provide the same level of data protection. We take measures to ensure data security when transferring your data out of the EEA. These measures include:
- Transferring data to countries with adequate data protection, as recognized by the European Commission.
- Using specific contracts, codes of conduct, or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission for certain service providers.
- Transferring data to U.S.-based providers who are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield when applicable.
If none of these safeguards are available, we will request your explicit consent for the transfer, with the right for you to withdraw consent at any time. For more information on the mechanisms used for data transfers, please contact us through our contact page.
We have implemented security measures to prevent unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or loss of personal data. Access to your personal data is restricted to employees, agents, contractors, and third parties who require it for business purposes, subject to confidentiality obligations. We have procedures in place to handle potential data breaches and will inform you and relevant regulators as required by law.
We retain your personal data only for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it. This includes legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. The retention period depends on factors such as data amount, nature, sensitivity, and applicable legal requirements.
You have the right to request data deletion in certain circumstances. In some cases, we may anonymize your data for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use it indefinitely without notice.
Your Legal Rights
Under data protection laws, you have rights regarding your personal data, including:
- Access to your personal data.
- Correction of your personal data.
- Erasure of your personal data.
- Objecting to the processing of your personal data.
- Restriction of processing your personal data.
- Data portability.
- The right to withdraw consent.
For more information on your rights, visit https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through our contact page. We don’t charge for data access or rights exercise unless requests are unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
We may need specific information to verify your identity and ensure the security of your data.
We aim to respond to legitimate requests within one month, although complex cases may require more time. In such cases, we will inform you accordingly.
Our website may contain links to third-party websites, plugins, and applications. Clicking on these links may enable third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy policies. We recommend reading the privacy notice of each website you visit when leaving our site.
You can configure your browser to block or alert you about cookies on websites. However, disabling or refusing cookies may affect the functionality of our website. For more information about the cookies we use,